PostHeaderIcon What Do You Blog For - Cash or Passion?



With lots of blogs emerging on the internet recently, one can easily find one or two blogs on any niche you can think of. The majority of those bloggers are either blogging about how to make money, how to blog or blog about social media.

Irrespective of what the niche is, bloggers blog mainly for two major reasons; MONEY and PASSION. Most bloggers start their blog for the purpose of making money. I've always been asking questions that which of the two is better, is it blogging for cash or for passion?

Using my case as an example, I started blogging around 2006 (not full time) and my main purpose of setting up a blog was to make big money. I never had any idea of what I want to blog about. I started with an IM blog, but later changed to a forex blog because I was not making any dime from the blog. I was disappointed because I felt that blogging was full of crap as I can't achieve my goal.

Then, later I discovered that one need a lot of traffic to really make money from a blog, so I did my research and found out what people search for most online. One of the niches that had a lot of searches online was news, so I created a news blog. Eventually I started receiving traffic with little return in my Adsense revenue. I wasn't satisfied with what I was earning because I thought I could become super rich if I start a blog. And also to get breaking news online and to post them on my blog was a huge task for me as a part-time blogger.

Since I was working harder than what I was earning, I totally lost passion for the money in blogging that I have to quit. Not until when I educated myself and found out the real secret behind blogging, that’s when I started my previous blog and I realised that blogging is more of a passion than business.

I found out that blogging for money will get you frustrated if the cash is not coming but if you are blogging for passion, entertaining and educating your readers, you will never get bored of it. Your readers will find your blog interesting and educative and this will make them come back. And remember that the more visitors you have the more your potential of earning big from your blog.

Now I write what I enjoy writing and reading, I blog on what interests me. So I dont care about the money. I know I can make money from my blog if I monetize but that will be after working on building traffic and creating a better experience for my readers.


Notes:
  • Never let money be your priority when starting a blog
  • Blog only on stuffs that interests you
  • Make your blog post interesting and educative enough to turn your visitors into subscribers
  • When blogging for fun, let time plays it own part as the reward will come, but it will take some time
  • And lastly never loose focus, persistence is the secret of the game called blogging.

What other things do you think we can note to develop a huge interest in blogging? What can aspiring bloggers do increase their passion for blogging? Let us know you opinion.

Wish you goodluck

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors

Blog Archive

Sponsors